Sunday, June 26, 2011

184 Days Until Departure, Dry run with HD crowd.

I've never much cared for riding in large groups.  When you can't pass someone who is doing 10 under because it would split the group...it may be time to quit riding in the group.

Had a nice ride to the Ocean Shores, WA, with a buddy who's club was putting on a poker run.  The visiting with folks at the stops was nice but as the ride progressed the number of bikes continued to climb.  Snzzzzzx.  I had enough of moving in formation at USNA, I don't need more now.

When we got to the hotel on the beach all the HD riders pulled into the lot. I kept riding straight to the beach.  The speed limit on the beach is 25 mph.  Turns out you can do a wicked power slide between 10 & 25 mph.  Big old smiles in the sand.  Just for hoots I rode the bike over a log on the beach.

The ride back was MUCH better because it was just KP and me riding at whatever pace we liked on whatever route we liked in perfect weather. =)

As much as I don't like formation riding.  I think there are a couple things Jim and I can do to facilitate non-verbal bike-to-bike communication.

Last piece of luggage arrives this week, a Beta bag from Wolfman.  A rotopax 1 gallon fuel tank should be with it.  With those I'll be able to do a complete packing and go for a dry run with Jim when he arrives in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment