Sunday, June 5, 2011

205 Days 'till Departure. Farkles

I bought the 2007 Adventure S with 4000 miles on it.  I am the 4th owner.  When I looked at the bike I told the guy selling it that I needed to talk to my wife about it.  He said "You'll never buy it then.  None of us (the two prior owners were friends of his) asked our wives."  My immediate thought was, yeah, and in 4 years none of you had ridden it on any "adventures".  I've had the bike for 1 year this month and I've put almost 5,000 miles on it.  Gerry, one year, 5,000 miles vs. Three other guys, four years, 4,000 miles.  I win! And that was only having fun.

The bike came with several farkles already.

Already on or with bike:
     Wings Exhaust
     Saito Heated Grips
     Caribou Side Cases
     KTM Low Seat (Gave this one to Jim)
     Corbin Low Seat
     Air horn (Not sure of brand)
     Stock and high windshield (I cut down the aftermarket shield and use it)
     Stock and 1 tooth smaller countershaft sprocket (I reinstalled the stock)
     Centech AP-1 aux power panel (not installed, but now in the space there the ABS isn't)
     KTM Hard Parts crash bars
     KTM Tank Bag

Done since purchase:
     Removed SAS and installed Black Dog SAS blanking plates.
     Installed Garmin 655 (XM antenna in right fairing)
     Flapectomy
     Canisterectomy
     Move air horn to  canister location
     Installed high fender and fork guards (note, the S and R suspensions have different mount points on the forks for the guards)
     Installed BMW style aux power on left side.
     Black Dog skid plate
     Black Dog side stand reinforcement
     F-109N Quick Oil Drain Valve
     CJ Designs Footpeg extensions
     KTMTwins foam pre-filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment