Wednesday, June 8, 2011

202 Days until Departure. Spanish and y Espagnol

Jim and I are both working on our Spanish for the trip.  I have no prior experience with learning Spanish.  I have good comprehension of French from 3 years of study.  Mostly that is just confusing me since when I can't figure out how to say something in Spanish my brain wants to default to French.

Biggest lesson learned so far:  The verbs convey much more information in Spanish than in English.

Jim y yo estamos trabajando en nuestro español para el viaje. No tengo ninguna experiencia previa con el aprendizaje del español. Tengo una buena comprensión de la lengua francesa a partir de 3 años de estudio. Sobre todo que se me acaba deconfusión ya que cuando no puedo encontrar la manera de decir algo en español de mi cerebro quiere por defecto al francés.

Mayor lección aprendida hasta el momento: Los verbos transmitir mucha más información en español que en Inglés.


I used translate.google.com to generate the Spanish.  The good news is that I can read and understand it.  There is hope that I'll be able to do more than order a beer and find gasoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment